I heard about this from: Kaz at Little Book Owl
Original Tag: Ariel at Ariel Bissett
A link to the tag video
/post: THE BOOK SACRIFICE TAG
1) An Over-Hyped book: Let’s start this off with a Zombie Apocalypse! Let’s say you’re in a book store, just browsing, when BAM! ZOMBIE ATTACK. An announcement comes over the PA System saying that the military has discovered that the zombies’ only weakness is over-hyped books. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you really hated do you start chucking at the zombies knowing that it will count as an over-hyped book and successfully wipe them out?!
AHHH ZOMBIES! What am I going to throw at these zombies who want to eat my brains? The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Every copy I can get my hands on, I’m throwing at these guys. Just why was this book so popular and made into a movie? I pride myself just on finishing the book! AH!
2) A Sequel: Let’s say you’ve just left the salon with a SMASHING new haircut and BOOM: Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?
Fever by Lauren DeStefano. I did not like this book. I loved Wither and did not like Fever. Such a let down! So it’s going on my head, protecting my hair! Though it’s a small paperback so I’m not sure how much good it’ll do…
3) A Classic: Let’s say you’re in a lecture and your English teacher is going on and on about how
this classic changed the world, how it revolutionized literature and you get so sick of it that you chuck the classic right at his face because you know what? This classic is stupid and it’s worth detention just to show everyone how you feel! What Classic did you chuck?
Wuthering *badword* Heights by Emily Bronte! I HATE THIS BOOK! NO! No one should have to read this book. I hate this book. I am surprised I passed my A-Levels, not surprised that I only got a D in this particular essay, but I’m surprised I passed! I hated this book and therefore skim read / read chapter synopsis of at least half of the book! I just, no!
4) Your least favourite book of life!: Let’s say that you’re hanging out at the library when BAM global warming explodes and the world outside becomes a frozen wasteland. You’re trapped and your only chance for survival is to burn a book. What is the book you first run to, your least favourite book of all life, what book do you not fully regret lighting?
I have a list:
- Spark / Flame by Amy Kathleen Ryan.
- Trouble by Non Pratt
- The 100 by Kass Morgan
- Bear by Marian Engel
Any of these books (including Wuthering Heights, Fever and The Perks of Being a Wallflower) will be burned, and I will not regret burning. At all.
If you do this tag, leave a link below so I can check it out!!